- On which devices is Traderline available?
- Traderline is available for Desktop, for smartphones (Android and IOS) and for tablets (Android and iPad). Traderline Mobile was specifically designed for smartphones.
- Are there differences between the Android and IOS versions?
- There are no big differences between the two versions. Both offer the same features and interfaces.
- How can I get the mobile version of Traderline?
- To get the mobile version of Traderline you need to access the official page of Traderline Mobile, at www.traderlinemobile.com, and select the version you wish to download (IOS or Android).
- How can I get the desktop version of Traderline for Windows?
- To use Traderline for Windows, you simply need to download Traderline through the download page of the website Traderline.org.
- What is Betfair?
- Betfair is the largest betting exchange on the Internet. Traderline is an application that lets you bet in Betfair’s markets, using exclusive tools for trading and betting. To use Traderline, you need to have a Betfair account that is active and functional. In case you don’t have a Betfair account, you can open your own.
- How do I register on Traderline?
- The registration is made the first time you enter the Traderline application. When entering for the first time, you will insert your Betfair account information while logging in and, afterwards, you will see a form that you will need to fill in order to complete your registration in the app.
- Which information should I use to login in Traderline?
- To enter Traderline, you simply need to insert your Betfair account information (username and password) in the login window.
- What is the option “Australian Markets” in the login meant to do?
- When activating the option “Australian Markets” while logging in, Traderline will automatically load the Australian markets when opening the application. While loading the Australian markets during login, Traderline will take a few extra seconds to start up.
- What is the option “Remember Username” meant to do?
- With this option on, your username will remain stored and will appear automatically whenever you open the application, so you don’t have to input it everytime you log in.
- How can I hide my cash balance?
- You can hide your balance through the application’s General Settings. To access this menu, you simply need to touch the Traderline’s Settings, which can be found at the upper left corner of the screen, and then select the option General Settings. In this menu, you can simply tick the option Hide account balance.
- How can I configure the number of API requests to Betfair made by Traderline?
- You can configure the number of API requests through the General Settings. To access this menu, you simply need to touch on the button labeled Traderline’s Settings, which can be found at the upper left corner of the screen, and then select the option General Settings. In this menu, you simply need to choose one of the three options available in the field API Requests: Intensive; Standard; Saving.
Intensive mode will allow for a quicker update of the odds and market information, but will increase the battery consumption.
- What happens if I reach the maximum limit of API requests to Betfair?
- If you reach the maximum limit of 20 requests per second to Betfair’s API, Betfair will charge you an additional fee for each additional request beyond this limit. Traderline Mobile is configured in such a way that keeps you from surpassing this limit. But be aware that you may incur in extra charges if you have other instances of Traderline open simultaneously running on a high number of requests per second.
- How can I choose a predefined interface when I access any market?
- You can choose a predefined interface for Traderline’s markets through the options in General Settings. To access this menu, you can touch the button labeled Traderline’s Settings, which is at the top left corner of the screen, and select the option General Settings. In this menu, you can choose one of the three options available in the field Predefined Market Interface: Grid, Ladder or Multibet.
- How can I choose to see my profit with the Betfair commission included?
- You can choose to include the Betfair commission in the calculations of your profits in Traderline’s General Settings. To access this menu, you must touch the button labeled Traderline’s Settings, which is at the top left corner of the screen, and then select the option General Settings. In this menu, you can simply tick the option Include Betfair Commission.
- How can I configure the ladder to show in the column all the values in Hedge?
- You can choose to display all the values in Hedge in the ladder through the options that can be found in General Settings. To access this menu, you simply need to touch the button labeled Traderline’s Settings, which is at the upper left corner of the screen, and then select the option General Settings. In this menu, you can simply touch the option Show hedge value in the Ladder.
- How can I switch between decimal odds and fractional odds?
- You can switch between fractional odds and decimal odds through the options available in General Settings. To access this menu, you simply need to touch the button labeled Traderline’s Settings, which is at the top left corner of the screen, and then select the option General Settings. In this menu, you simply need to enable or disable the option See fractional odds.
- Do Livescores have any delay?
- The Livescore service is only available for the main matches and the information does have a slight delay. This service is hired from a Livescore service provider and thus not controlled by Traderline. You can disable the Livescore service in the General Settings.
- How can I enable / disable Traderline’s sound alerts?
- You can enable / disable Traderline’s sound alerts through the options in General Settings. To access this menu, you simply need to touch the button labeled Traderline’s Settings, which is at the upper left corner of the screen, and select the option General Settings. In this menu, you simply need to untick the option Enable sound alerts.
- How can I edit the “Main Sports” in the main menu?
- You can edit Traderline’s “Main Sports” through the options found in General Settings. To access this menu, you simply need to touch the button labeled Traderline’s Settings, which can be found at the top left corner of the screen, and select the option General Settings. In this menu, you can touch the option Edit main sports and choose which sports you prefer to see.
- Are there differences in the information provided in the Portrait and Landscape views?
- The only difference between the two views is how the information is presented. Considering that both views have different layouts, it is possible to make the most out of each so has to present the information in a different and more complete way.
- How can I search for a market directly?
- You can search for the events you wish to find using the search bar, by writing the name of one of the teams or of the players in the match, so that Traderline can filter all the events including that team or player.
- What does the button Trade do?
- The Trade button closes your bets in the market, allowing you to end with profit in case the variation of the odds was positive, or limiting your losses, in case the odds varied against your selection. This feature is similar to the Cash-out button in Betfair. After closing your bet with the button Trade, you are no longer exposed to the market and you win (or lose) the amount indicated, whatever the outcome turns out to be.
- How can I change my stakes?
- You can set your stake by touching the stake that appears in the market where you are betting. After touching on that value, a set of options will appear where you can define your stake.
- How can I make bets without confirmation?
- You can make bets without confirmation if the option to confirm bets is unticked. You can access this option through the ‘stake’ button, which appears in the market where you are placing your bets. After touching that field, a set of options will appear where you can find the option to confirm your bets.
- How do the betting modes work?
- Traderline offers three different betting modes:
- Amount Mode: the amount that is bet is simply the bet amount chosen;
- Liability Mode: the amount that is bet is calculated based on the liability you are willing to have. The liability corresponds to the amount you are risking in the market;
- Profit Mode: Traderline calculates the amount to bet in order for you to make a profit equal to the amount you inserted;
You can define the betting mode by touching the stake that appears in the market where you are betting on.
- How does the Tick Offset option work?
- Tick Offset is a very commonly used tool in trading because it defines a value to the positive variation of the odd that automatically closes the trade with a certain profit.
When you have the Tick Offset option selected, the trade will close automatically when the odd with which you started the trade shows a positive variation between 1 and 9 ticks (1 tick is the minimum variation for each odd). This tool lets you define the profit with which you intend to close your position, leaving the market with profit.
You can access the Tick Offset option by touching the stake that appears in the market where you are betting on.
- How does the Stop Loss option work?
- The Stop Loss tool defines a value for the negative variation of the odd that will automatically close the position, allowing you to leave the market with limited losses. In case the trade is unsuccessful, this option will automatically close your position in the market and keep you from suffering larger losses from keeping your trade open in the market. This tool is frequently used to control losses.
You can access Stop Loss by touching the stake that appears in the market where you are betting on.
- What is bet persistence?
- Bet persistence is the tool that controls the transfer of bets from pre-live to live, from a set of options: Cancel Live; Keep Live; Starting Price.
If you choose to Cancel Live, the software will cancel all the unmatched bets before the event goes live. The second option, Keep Live, keeps the unmatched bets waiting for a match as the market goes live. Finally, in case you choose the option Starting Price, the unmatched bets will be matched at the odd from the start of the event, even if it is different than the one previously defined.
- An invalid bet persistence error appears when I try to bet. How can I solve this problem?
- If the Bet Persistence settings are wrongly defined, a bet may cause an invalid bet persistence error when placed. This happens mostly in horse races. Several users select the option “Keep Live” in races, but in the USA some races don’t go live, so Betfair returns that error to Traderline. If you choose an option other than “Keep Live”, the problem will be solved.
- When are statistics available in the markets?
- Team statistics are only available for matches played in national competitions. After opening the market, each team’s statistics will be loaded after a couple of minutes.
You can access the statistics through the statistics button, in the bottom menu of the market where you are betting on.
- I have balance in my account, but when placing a bet lower than two Euros / Pounds, an insufficient funds error appears. What should I do?
- Bets lower than 2€/£ (despite being lower than 2€/£) require a minimum balance of 2€/£, for each bet lower than 2 €/£ that you wish to place in the market. If you do not have enough balance remaining to place all the bets lower than 2€/£ that you wish to, Traderline will show you an insufficient funds error.
- How do I resize the ladder to the full size of the screen?
- The mobile version of Traderline lets you expand one single ladder to full screen size. To do that, you simply need to touch the expansion button at the top of the ladder, above the odds.
- How do I place one-touch bets?
- The option to place one-touch bets is available in the "Bets Settings" page, and also on the confirmation page, when placing a bet.
- How do I center the ladder on the value of the last matched odd?
- You can center the ladder on the value of the last matched odd by touching the button to center odds, which is at the top of the ladder, above the odds of the market.
- How does the Multibet interface work?
- In the Multibet interface, you can place several bets simultaneously in the market selections, through the Dutching or Bookmaking modes. These betting modes significantly lower the risk and uncertainty associated with bets, since several outcomes are covered in order to always let you make a profit. In Dutching mode you place multiple back bets and in Bookmaking mode you place several lay bets.
- How do I bet at a certain odd, even if it varies, in the Multibet interface?
- To select and follow an odd up to the moment of your bet, while in the Multibet interface, touch the odd. This option will lock the selection for your bet (when you touch the “bet” button), even if the value of the odd changes meanwhile.
- Are live bets not placed immediately?
- Live bets take an average of 8 seconds to be placed. This time is imposed by Betfair to all betting softwares that use Betfair’s API. The placing times vary between markets. The same delays also exist in Betfair’s website.
- The odds changed while I was waiting for my bet to be processed. What do I do?
- When you touch the ‘Trade’ button or when you manually place a bet on the market, Traderline sends a request to place that bet in Betfair. During this waiting period, it is possible for the odds of the market to change, causing your bet to be unmatched.
If you placed your bet manually, the bet will remain unmatched, because the odd at which you were betting is no longer available. If you placed your bet through the ‘Trade’ button, then your bet will be placed at the current odd of the market, that is, at the new odd to which the market changed.
- What happens if I touch several times on the Trade button?
- Traderline’s ‘Trade’ button places bets in the market, closing all the open positions, in a similar way to the ‘cash-out’ button in Betfair.
If you touch several times on this button before your position is closed, Traderline will send several requests to place bets, in order to close the position, which is still open. If you touch it twice without waiting for the first touch to close your position, you will end up sending two requests and placing two bets in the market. If you wait for the first touch to close your position, then the second touch will have no effect.
- How can I cancel my bets?
- After placing a bet, you can only cancel that bet if it remains unmatched. As soon as the placed bet is matched, you can no longer cancel it. To cancel an unmatched bet, you simply need to touch on the stake that appears in the ladder (in the ladder interface). You can also cancel your bets through the My Bets menu, in the bottom right corner of Traderline. In this menu, you have the option to cancel your unmatched bets.
- Do bets lower than 2 Euros/Pounds take more time to be placed?
- Betfair doesn’t let bets lower than 2€/£ to be placed directly in the market. To place this bets, Traderline makes two different bets, which increases the processing time for a bet lower than2€/£ to twice the normal processing time of bets in live markets.
- Stop-loss did not close the position at the indicated odd. What should I do?
- Sometimes stop-loss orders can work with ticks that are different from those that are indicated. This happens in markets with large variations, where stop loss will come into play when the market reaches a certain odd. If the odds continue oscillating while the bet is being placed stop-loss may fail to close your bets. In a situation like this, the bet is immediately placed at the odd offered by the market.
For example, if you open a position at an odd of 2.00 and set the stop loss to 3.00, if the market oscillates, the possible situations can occur:
- The market hits 3.00, activating stop-loss, but in the 8 seconds it takes for the bet to be placed (in LIVE, for example), the market goes down to 2.50 and the bet is matched at that value, since the market’s value increased;
- The market hits the odd of 3.00, activating stop-loss, but moves to 3.50 at the end of the 8 seconds, so the bet is placed at 3.50. This is because, if it was placed at 3.00, it wouldn’t be matched and could never be matched at all afterwards, so the stop-loss would fail completely. The bet is thus placed at the stop-loss odd or at the best odd offered by the market.